Fla. DOT Now Stopping Pesticide Trucks

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

2. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

One of our lawn guys got stopped a few years ago. He said the DOT guy was an idiot who had little knowledge of our industry. We did not get a ticket though.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

bugsNbows

YES BUT that Idiot has the power to make your life miserable.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Ric,

After reading your link - I would assume you are correct in your post about them wanting revenue. I talked to two bobcat guys this week who both were pulled over and inspected....got a feeling they are wanting money.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

A while back I stopped a DOT Officer in a gas station. I complained about the Ford Fair-lanes pulling a trailer with 3 pallets of Sod types. I think we have all seen those type of vehicles on the road and tried our best to stay away from the accident about to happen. I was told it was not a Commercial Vehicle and DOT has no authority to stop a non commercial Vehicle. It kind of gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know my Tax dollar was hard at work to protect me, NOT.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Probably checking for certified drivers with HazMat endorsements.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mark

The only thing worse than a G D Yankee is a smart A$$ed G D Yankee. OK so it is COMMERCIAL Drivers License not Certified. I realize living in the frozen Tundra in the winter with all that Light Deprivation cause people to go stir crazy. But please do it somewhere else, this is not the Oprah Show.

8. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

.......Certification. :laugh:LMAO:laugh:

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Never fails to amaze me how simple things can amuse simple minds. Do you guys get to park in the Handicapped parking section at the Special Olympics???

10. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Simple Eh? Like thinking that a Pesticide cert is a HazMat endorsement? :rolleyes::laugh::laugh: