1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fla. DOT Now Stopping Pesticide Trucks

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Mar 17, 2011.

1. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

One's that chap my butt are the pool maintenance guys. They carry jugs full of pool chemicals (like chlorine, muriatic acid, etc.) in non (or poorly) secured open trailers, SUV's, station wagons, etc. An accident waiting to happen.

2. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Amen to that statement.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Why thank you.

I'm far from stir crazy though, although crazy might fit. I love snow, dark and cold.

And I thank you once again. As a matter of fact....................

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Huffer

And you guys call Southerns Slow.

You Yankee Fools must really have Cottage Fever and be Stir Crazy that you won't leave the Florida HazMat Certification alone and chase it from one thread to another. One of you claimed to be a 15 yr old girl from South Beach. IMHO the age seems appropriate for your actions. The Florida HazMat certificate is not a DOT Endorement. It is a state and EPA certification that lets you clean up your own spills legally. It shows you have had the proper training to not contaminate yourself or others.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You think you would know the difference between a Hazwoper certification and a HazMat certification .... you know, given you are certified and all.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Kiril

How many time do I have say this???

The cert I have is for attending a 4 hour Seminar of Spill Response given by a Chemical supplier but sanctioned by the state of Florida. It allows me to legally clean up smaller spills that I might have. It is not a OSHA or DOT certification.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on being certified........

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I see. So you don't really have FL Hazmat certification or endorsement, but rather you complete a CEU spill response course for your pesticide applicators license. Well, then that explains why you don't know the difference between the two.