FLA round-up license

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by martinfan06, Aug 2, 2006.

1. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey fla guys could you tell me what you need to obtain this,what qualifications, how many times a year they offer this course,and most important what it cost. Want to do everything legit this go round,thanks guys.

1 more question what insurance company around here would you guys recommend. If you don't mind what do you pay in coverage for your business.
    thanks guys....I owe ya a :drinkup:

2. martinfan06

anybody out there???:confused:

3. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

I took a class from Green Industry Consulting back in the beginning of this year. The class cost $125.00. To get 8 CEU Credits to obtain the Limited Pesticide License. I had to show three years records of working in the lawn industry and then paid the state $150.00 to take the test. The class was great and very informative. There are a few others that do the classes to obtain it, Bill Phagan is the one that came to my area. It is money well spent you do not want to get caught without it!

4. martinfan06

In regards to the records for 3 years how dose that work? You had to have someone sign that you worked for them for 3 years or proof that you had biz for 3 years. Thanks for the info.

5. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

You either have to show business w-2's or have letters from customers that you have done work for for the past three years. Or be able to show proof that you worked for a lawn or pesticide company for that time.

6. martinfan06

thanks again

7. martinfan06

anybody else have an idea? thanks

8. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

I would also like to see some info on the same subject.

9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told by a Scotts lawn guy last friday, that if the customer supplies the little 1 gallon thing of round up and do it for 0 profit then you can apply it.

10. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting..... never approached it from that angle.
    Any more info on that?