Flag Requirements? Illinois

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bntt68, May 28, 2006.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I know I need to flag each yard I treat, but I did not know if there were any specs. to go by. Any input would help.

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

(1) Immediately following application of lawn care

products to a lawn, other than a golf course, an applicator for hire shall place a lawn marker at the usual point or points of entry.
    (2) The lawn marker shall consist of a 4 inch by 5

inch sign, vertical or horizontal, attached to the upper portion of a dowel or other supporting device with the bottom of the marker extending no less than 12 inches above the turf.
    (3) The lawn marker shall be white and lettering on

the lawn marker shall be in a contrasting color. The marker shall state on one side, in letters of not less than 3/8 inch, the following: "LAWN CARE APPLICATION ‑ STAY OFF GRASS UNTIL DRY ‑ FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: (here shall be inserted the name and business telephone number of the applicator for hire)."
    (4) The lawn marker shall be removed and discarded

by the property owner or resident, or such other person authorized by the property owner or resident, on the day following the application. The lawn marker shall not be removed by any person other than the property owner or resident or person designated by such property owner or resident.
    (5) For applications to residential properties of 2

families or less, the applicator for hire shall be required to place lawn markers at the usual point or points of entry.
    (6) For applications to residential properties of 2

families or more, or for application to other commercial properties, the applicator for hire shall place lawn markers at the usual point or points of entry to the property to provide notice that lawn care products have been applied to the lawn.

3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks so much. That is exactly what I needed!! Who do you all get your flags from?? I know Blackburn does, is there any others out there? By the way ,Hows business in Chi-town?? Go-Sox!!!