Flagstone job from over the summer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LoweJ82, Dec 19, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

3 guys
    about 100 hours (with other small projects thrown in)

im not really sure on cost, Labor wasn't much at all since it was our first larger rodeo, think it was around $3600.00 (labor) Cost of materials wasnt really kept track of, The HO more less kept track of all that I just let them know what I needed, they ordered and I picked up. Im thinking total cost if buying everything new would be around $15,000.00-$17,500.00 I think we spent around $11k on this.

2. LoweJ82

The worse part was how blinding the sun reflection off the stone dust base, When the sun was over top of ya even with shades on you couldn't see anything. That and the guy at the material yard dropped a 135lb piece of flagstone on the corner of my foot, well I was at fault also lol.

We dug all this out, Wheeled into a dump trailer and hauled off in less than 10 hours

3. LoweJ82

Couple before and during pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics was taken mid dig on a break, Didnt get really get any during the laying stone portion kept to busy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a lot of hand digging. Cant believe the HO wanted that beautiful turf killed and hydro seeded. Was there fungus or something?

5. LoweJ82

That was on its rebound after about 2 weeks with new irrigation! during the extreme heat, anyhow there was (16 tandem loads) 240 ton black dirt dumped in front (cul-d-sac) and taken around back via bobcat and the rear property completely graded out,then like 2/3 tandem loads per side of the home and irrigation installed over the entire property with all this needing hydro seeded it just made sense to do it all, so the lawn was killed and about a month later hydro seeded.

6. LoweJ82

I always tell my guys that on their next job app they can say they was a mexican backhoe, This dig was done with myself and two helpers one that only has one arm if you look close in the picks but he still can dig like 2 armed man hell better than most that Ive seen attempt to use a shovel.

I got pics of us digging 6' deep along house foundations doing repairs on cracked leaky foundations.

7. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

thats awesome that he can work with one arm! Good for him. The before and after is like night and day. As long as the HO was happy thats all that matters right?

After 240 tons of soil im sure it needed some new grading! Very understandable.

8. LoweJ82

yea about 2 weeks after being hydro seeded it was looking pretty good again, Come spring we will be adding some more sidewalk exposed 3/8"- pea gravel.

the guy can break out concrete with an 8lb sledge.

9. SharperImage

SharperImage LawnSite Member

looks good. good work

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice work.