Flagstone labor

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tntrex, Feb 25, 2008.

1. tntrex

tntrex LawnSite Member
    from TX

I have a customer I've done landscaping for and they just got a pool put in. They want flagstone around the pool and on the patio areas. The customer is buying all the materials. He wants me to give a bid on just labor for installing.

What is a price you guys charge by the square foot for such a job that you have no material costs? I really need a general sq. ft. price estimate range I guess.

2. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Is it a Wet lay on a concrete pad? If so with you buying nothing and i mean not one thing you should be at around $18-20 per square foot. And a lot of my pricing has to do with how they want the joints....small or somewhat big. also what kind of flag is it some stones are a total pain to work with. And if you are doing it on a gravel base i dont know prices b/c i dont do it.

3. tntrex

tntrex LawnSite Member
    from TX

Yes its wet lay. Arizona flagstone is what they have, in 1 inch i believe.

thanks for the help.

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

MRB has some great points. Before I would give anyone a price, I want to see the material. I have gotten myself into some bad situations like that before.......and this is just the starting point. Be prepared, if you get the job, to do alot of extra running around because "they didn't order this or they didn't order that" or there wasn't enough of this or that. On something like that you may give them a ballpark estimate on labor and do it on a time and material basis with a cap on the high end.

5. EuroStone

EuroStone LawnSite Member
    from florida

doing flagstone on a pool deck is a tough task to do especially if it is your first. but here in florida i charge $8 per sqft labor and can do around 100 sqft a day. charge 15 for pool coping. if you can get 18 per sqft i will move to your city. jk thats good to hear that stone masons get paid that much because they deserve it.