1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flagstone Patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Jamesgateslandscaping, May 1, 2005.

1. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have to give a quote for a flagstone patio(septic tank under it). The total square ft are about 230. The Site prep is minium and access is very easy. How much should I charge? how much does flag stone cost? Are there any other options? Any help would be great.
    Also, I have another job where I need to price out a walkway and stair install, how much am I looking at for the cost for the steps (5ftx2ftx10in).
    Thanks guys.
  2. P. Baxter

P. Baxter LawnSite Member

Flagstone here cost 4.20 per square, cut not broken. U can never charge enough for flagstone patios!!!!!!!
  3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yeah. concrete pavers. To do a good flagstone patio takes lots of skill, a good eye, and experience. Plus, I feel that flagstone looks best on concrete with the seams grouted. Can't do that up here in NH. Sell em on pavers.

BTW, you're putting this over a septic tank? At some point in time, won't the septic tank need to be accessed for pumping?