Flame on>>>>>

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Apr 4, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Co-star is the comedic sidekick!!! Nice.

Lots of hands in the pockets time. That's why we need remotes I guess.

3. Not bad, not at all. I hope I can demo my technique for the same job sometime. I use a straight trench shovel and use it to spear the grass for removal. My foot may never touch the shovel. Speed loosens and removes soil faster than using muscle and bulk. I also try and take as much soil out as possible with the grass. Easier to do in our clay though. We use a bucket to put the soil in rather than a tarp because of the wind issue. Other than that great demo CSR. Best of all you did it when I could see and enjoy it.

P. S.
    GET RID OF THE IPOD.

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

That place is right by the water..I mean it is very sandy..The bucket idea sounds good, thought about using and will . The soil is above average on the sandy side, and actually can be tough to dig cause it always falls back into the hole..

I'll tell you its better than digging that NORTH CAROLINA CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

If you're going to end up making an instructional video sometime, here's a couple ideas. Don't just throw the product around, or kick the tool boxes around. It's exactly what we all do while working though.

Good start man.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

Dana if I ever do an instructional video its going to be Just video with an audio put in later of how to..and totally edit out the BS knocking stuff around for sure

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Good thought on putting audio over it. I hadn't thought of that.

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

9 minutes to change a head?

That should be a 2 minute job Rotar :)

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I like it. Lots of familiar notes, like you place the replacement head near the old, and then have to pick it up and move it when you place the tarp. No kneepads? I still prefer to use a standard D-handle shovel, for better 'feel' when needed, and the ability to cope with roots and rocks.

Nine minutes versus two? Time and material, baby. I'd add another minute to the job, and watch the head reverse at each end of the arc.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

So i wont be getting any youtube oscars anytime soon?

you mean 25 mins billed to the customer?