1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a guy today that had a set of lights on his truck that were in the same V shape as the police lights except in orange and clear colors....does anyone know what sompany makes them or know of any company that sells them?

Thanks guys!

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

AW direct, the lights are made by code 3 i belive.

Geoff

3. snow

snow Guest

ok, i know quite a bit about lights. that v-light bar is a vector which is made by federal signal. AW Direct is the biggest rip off for most lights unless you get a discount or something. if you want to get a bar like that, look into <a href=http://www.galls.com">galls</a>, <a href="http://www.lightbars.net">wiseguys lights(for used lights at good prices</a>. there are a lot of places that sell them cheaper than AW Direct, so shop around.

Bryan

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

nice thing about awdirect, they have a no questions return policy, bring it back for any reason.

Im stopping by there Saturday, 10 percent off everything in the store plus deep discounts on all display merchandise. Lucky me they are 4 miles away.

5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have to buy mail order from aw direct. I have been useing them for a while now, for all my lights. There stuff is top quality, and i have found there prices are much less than local dealers.

Geoff

6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I know Galls has them I got my Whelen 9308 light bar from them and saved alot but they sell mega Whelen lights so they get a good price break.I tryed to get a jet strobe and they were alot of money from them but call and they will send you out a catalog @1-800-477-7766 let me know how you make out,also you can get your switches at Radio shack for alot less than there control boxes and have a custom look in your truck.

7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to mention that another good strobe light i made by Tommar it gives off an intense amount of light and is very bright really what you need when there are people out driving in a snow storm that shouldn't be out in the first place.

8. billfire

billfire LawnSite Member

Adamson Industries Corp. is a Federal Signal distributor that will ship UPS. Their prices are very competitive and shipping is reasonable. The 7 pod Vector lightbar starts at $649.00. The telephone is 800-232-0162 and they are in Lawrence, MA. I have ordered many lights from them for both private trucks and our Fire/Rescue vehicles. Billfire

9. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

fivestr19: My stormchasing vehicle has lighbars and strobes all over it, much of which we purchased from galls. Much of their pricing isn't too bad, but it's hard to buy that stuff over the internet or by phone, because it you're wiring direct most of the lighbars require special relays, wiring harnesses and control switches. I have a local guy here that owns his own auto electrical shop and he not only does alot of wiring for some of the local police/fire depts, but also has good connections with distributors that sell these items. Maybe you have a shop around where you live that can help you w/ this. Of course, if you're just going to plug one of these lights into your cigarette lighter, disregard everything I wrote.