Flashing hour meter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bingham Brothers, May 13, 2007.

1. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

I bought a used 44" toro wb this winter and have put 25 hours on it. It is running great and only has 396 hours. The hour meter starting flashing today and it says svc under the hours. I am assuming that I need to take it in and get it looked at, but was wondering if it could be a routine maintenance reminder or something I could take care of. The owners manual doesn't address this issue.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

3. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

If it is an add on hour meter meaning it didnt come with mower it is fine. because i just bought hour meter that flashes every 25 hours as a maintenance reminder. Mine is yellow and i think made by briggs and stratton. I wouldnt bother taking it in. SVC means service Also mine has a little white Reset button. that makes it stop flashing

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yep, i have a sendec meter and it does the same. It's just a reminder for your air filter/grease/oil change. To reset it you use the pencil looking magnet and put it in the two holes (one on the left and one on the right) It only says it at the bottom because you have let it flash for a few hours. As soon as it's time for one of them, the whole screen usually flashes.

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

My last 2 Scags have it programed in it will flash for about 2 or 3 days and then quit till the hrs get back up to a pre programed service hr is reached again