Flat Free Tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CamLand, Mar 22, 2004.

1. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

ok i did a search first and didn't come up with info i'm looking for.i'm thinking about flat free tires and need opinion on how good these tires are,these would be for ZTR and WB...

2. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

Good question I'm sick of flats! I also want them for my wheelbarrow, I saw them some where.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard they are good for front tires, but for backs they give a bad ride on ztr's. Never used them myself, but im looking into it.

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

use slime for your tires, forget solid tires on a ZTR to rough of a ride. i would use solid on a wheel barrow though.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have a couple of people around here that have done the foam filled deal all the way around - rear and front - and the foam is like a 23 lb. air pressure ride - he loves them - but he is also in cutting fire wood and uses the tractor for loading and has basically eliminated the thorny locust tree branches from causing the flats. He does not really do any high speed mowing.

6. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

I resently purchased zero flat tires from j-thomas for the front of my toro proline. At $31 each including rims to . I think thats a fair price but the bigger the tire the price goes up quick.

7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Got mine from J-thomas, too. I like them (they do ride like air, as advertised......on my Jungle Wheels)

8. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the replys,guess i'll go ahead with the fronts.i figured the backs would be a bit rough and sounds like i got my answers.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to check at your local tire stores. Some of them have a lightweight filler but most use the old stuff that is very heavy. I have had my WB tires filled with the old stuff and it is great for adding some weight to the wb's front end. I would not even consider the heavy stuff for a large drive tire. It would be like an asphalt roller.

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Good point MOW ED! Forgot to mention how much these Zero Flats weigh. Felt like 25lbs. apiece, so to me, it's better than buying the weights for the front to keep a WB down in the front on hills.