1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

flat of flowers install price

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by shade tree landscaping, Jun 11, 2009.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys charging for a flat of flowers(48 plants) installed? I'm bidding a job and am not sure how to charge. Per flower? per flat? or just a general labor rate?

thanks in advance

2. vincent1

vincent1 LawnSite Member

I charge $35 flat.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Like most "how much to charge" questions this has been covered at nauseum. Use the search feature and the advanced feature. I know I have done at least a page on how to come to a unit price on flowers, plants, you name it. Once you learn the formula you wont have to ask this question again.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Shade Tree,
    What is your hourly rate?
    What is the cost of each flat---retail or wholesale to you?
    Each flat, whether they are in 6-pks or in 4" liners, each is of different cost for the flat.
    We charge a set price for the flat plus labor--delivery--drivetime!
    We charge the full price of a plant-tree-etc. and will plant it for half of that rate, plus delivery and cleanup.
    Some people charge 35-40% markup on the total product and still get a delivery fee and cleanup charges.
    This all boils down to the first question of knowing what your costs and hourly charges are!