Flat Proof 9-3.5x4 TruTrak Tire?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cgaengineer, May 15, 2008.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone know where I could get these? I was mowing last week and when I backed up the tire came off the rim due to a thorn piercing the tire letting some of the air out. I have patched the tire and its holding air but would like to upgrade the tires to a flat proof tire. Toro suggests 50psi in the tires so I was thinking a hard rubber tire wouldn't ride much different. I searched the web and didn't see anything in this size that was flat proof.

It really sucks to have to walk after riding all of the time!!

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Man sorry to hear that. Might just throw some slime in it, or foam the tires. Thats what I did. I asked about flat free tires for the tru trak when I got mine, and dealer didn't have any idea what I was talking about, so maybe theyre not out yet. Might check with Carlisle since they make most of the tires for the equipment.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Does that green slime stuff work well? I may consider that option as it should be cheaper than new tires and the ride would be the same...but if you get a flat you cant patch can you?

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it works well. Just get the commercial/green slime from the dealer. Comes in a large tube. It fills the hole when you run over something that will puncture the tire.

5. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

I used the Green Slime as well...I think it works excellent!