Flat Proof/Foam Filled Tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowinmoney, Jan 22, 2004.

1. mowinmoney

mowinmoney LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I did a search on this topic and found 5 threads from 2000. Wanted to see if anyone is using these.
    If you are, what's your experience.

All four tires?
    What type of filler is best for ZTR's and WB

we are Tired of fixing flats and need to know if there is extra weight with the foam filled.

2. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

my hustler was shipped (and is in the manual) with slime in all four tires, no flat or lose of air since June of 2003, I am going to put slime in my walker this year.
  3. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

I also have the slime in my tires... Haven't had any flats since... stay away from "fix-a-flat" and similar products...
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We only foam fill the front tires of our WB's and Z's. I was told by my dealer it's not a good idea to foam fill at the tires cause it will cause the ride of the machine to be too rough.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I will also add, if you can adjust the air pressure in back tires you can handle slopes better when needed.
  6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

You can damage the hydo system. Running foam filled rear tires on riders.
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

When you say foam are you saying 8 oz of slime?
  8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, exactly what is this foam stuff you are talking about. Is it applied with aerisol cans or what? Also has anyone tried those "eliminator" airless tires for your fronts
  9. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

The form fills the tire full them starts to harded. the weight of a form filled rear tire on a exmark Z would be around 100 pounds.
  10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I got a flat on my Ferris 32 WB last summer on the left front. I took it into the dealer and they convinced me to buy the foam tires. These aren't foam filled tires...they're solid foam. There is no valve stem. So far, no problems.

DFW Area Landscaper