Flat tire on JD F525

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Road Ruler, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Road Ruler

Road Ruler LawnSite Member

Good day... My F525 took a roofing nail in one of the large drive tires. It has a tube and I can patch if I can get at it.

Is this a DIY job?? Any info is appreciated.

thnxs

2. Road Ruler

Road Ruler LawnSite Member

No info so I took it into my local lawnmower fix it place and they replaced the tube. $25. which included labor.

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

I guess 10 months is long enough to wait for an answer....
    Good thing you weren't in a hurry....
    Tires are best taken to people that do them everyday.....
    I hate tires....really hate changing tires.....its a job for the guy that sweeps the floor....a know nothing nobody that needs a paycheck....it can be one of the hardest jobs done in a mower shop....and people just won't pay $60 to $80 an hour to get them changed....
    Oh yeah...in case you missed it....I hate tires...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. The Lawn Ranger CT.

The Lawn Ranger CT. LawnSite Member

Piston slapper~ You hate tires...I HATE Tires.... this is like the 4th time Ive had to fix a flat in the last 2 yrs (maybe I should consider myself lucky)~ anyhow the 1st someone stabbed the tire while on the truck, 2nd nail had to run a tube, 3rd tires way past worn needed new and bought online ( I'll post a photo to show you how they were delivered) what a nitemare~ and Just today....someone sliced the sidewall while I was in homedepot ! How do I know, I check everything first thing am before heading out and that includes tire/pressure all was ok...when I was coming out from the store I seen the mower sitting alittle tipped and sure enough....cut on sidewall~

Now is this how new tires are suppose to look.....flat and square~!

Attached Files: