flat tire

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Apr 29, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

This week has been a rough week.

Ran over a knife yesterday while driving past an elementary school (weird) and got out to get a mower and heard a hissing sound. Pulled out a broken knife blade and had to think quick cause my thumb wasnt doing a good job holding in the air. Ended up throwing a trashbag around a combo wrench to shove the bag in the tire (makeshift plug) and drove to Oriellys to get a plug kit. Aired it up with the tank, and was on my way in no time.

Also, loaner beast of a mower that the dealer gave me for a week while mines in the shop.

Photo_042808_004.jpg

Photo_042808_003.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't you also mention that you had a tailgate or trailer ramp or something swiped? Bad couple days, it'll get better. You definitely have a lot on your plate right now, with all the other things happening - new home, wedding, etc. Stay focused and remember to breathe once in a wile.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Dang that sucks, I had a flat in my truck a few weeks ago, good thinking with the wrench

4. EagleLandscape

here is what my gate used to look like (trailer was a mess that day)

Photo_042808_001.jpg

5. How does a gate get lifted????? Seems like it would take 10 minutes to get that heavy sucker detached.

6. EagleLandscape

nope, i could take the gate off in 2 seconds by myself. the gate has two female parts, and it slides onto 2 male rods. just slide it towards the passenger side and its off.

7. Gotcha. Can a lock be put on to prevent it from being slid off? I bet Billy can get you going again real quick.

8. EagleLandscape

I'm having my mechanic build me a new gate that will be ready Tuesday night. Just as reinforced as that one in the picture above. Probably going to run me $400-$500 i think to build it the way I want it. I will either put a spring-lift assist (which I don't want to because I take the gate off often when a forklift loads things in) or just a simple chain and I'll weld two hooks on or something.
    I'm still pissed about the gate. I think I've convinced myself that someone stole it, even though that's probably not the case.
    Just sucks.

I rented two foldable ramps until Tuesday from Home Depot. Talk about a sucky setup. Having to unfold and set them up everytime I get my ZTR off and on. Today we did 40 residentials, tomorrow it's like 10 and a landscape project. Sat is landscape project too, Monday is 20 residential with all of our commercial (ie: ztr on every prop).

Suck

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

FOR SALE: 1 trailer gate, good condition, found on highway, will trade
    for sprinkler service.

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats how my gate is, nice and easy to get off