Flat tire

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by benb0808, Aug 2, 2004.

1. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

I just got a flat on my new Quick 36" How do I fix it? Do I need a whole new tire?

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If its just a puncture you could get a plug kit from a gas station or your dealer. If its off the rim (or if you don't want to plug), take it to a gas station and those guys will usually help you out.

I find gas stations are usually cheaper and FASTER than going to the dealer.
  3. benb0808

benb0808 LawnSite Member

Thanks Hoolie,
    It's actually off the rim. I think I'll just take it up to the tire shop.

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Why is it off the rim? That being the case just put a tube in her.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

while you are at it, slime your tires so you don't have to worry about flats anymore
  6. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I work in a small engine shop and the reason for this is most shops are not set up to do tires like a tire shop is. We have a tire shop about 5 minutes from the shop and we some times take tires down there instead of mess with them ourselves. I hate doing tires, it would not bother me if I never had to fix another one as long as I lived.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I had a small sidewall puncture 2 weeks ago, the tire was junk. I had 2 spare used tires and took one to the tire dealer in town. It did have a plug in it from something I ran over previously. They patched the hole, put a tube in and I was in and out in 15 minutes for sixteen bucks. The gas station cannot do that for me.
  8. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Tire slime works great i had two pest tires always leaking. Put slime in them no problems now.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Can you press down on the tire as to just get the the rim of the tire to come in contact with the rim itself and pump air into it at the same time? The air will pop the tire back on the rim. If this does not work and you get it fixed, slime all tires whether flat or not to aid in the prevention of future flats.
  10. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I don't put tubes in my tires if I can help it. The next time you have a flat, you have to take the tube out and patch it. I keep a plug kit in the truck. Get it at Wal-Mart for about $5-6.