flatbed truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by causalitist, Aug 13, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i see these guys around town using a certain type of truck.. and i want to know what it is, or at least what the type of bed is called and who makes trucks with it, or something like it. i dont know what its called so i cant look for any for sale

its a flatbed that slopes down in the back, and then there is a little ramp that folds down too. the bed has sides, but they are more like the sides of the typical open trailer than a regular truck bed.

the truck is one of those thats totally flat in the front .. like a mini semi. its pretty small.

it looks like a killer set up, the bed itself slopes down quite a bit so they just drive right up onto it.. no need for a trailer at all. truck looks pretty new.

what are these called? what brands make trucks like this?
    thanks guys

2. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

3. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

4. causalitist

ya, the second one is it .. that ones alot longer but its the same thing as i saw.

is there a name for these things?

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

i've always heard them referred to as "grass Bodies" with a dove tail ramp....

6. Galashiels

Galashiels LawnSite Member

Over here we call them a 'Beaver Tail'

7. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Isuzu NPR with a landscaper bed. They are great for maintenance and I would never go back to trucks and trailers.

There are plenty on trucktrader.com and truckpaper.com. Considered medium duty and you don't have to have a CDL to drive them.

8. causalitist

awesome, thanks alot guys.