Flatbed with removable dovetail

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ShadyTree, Jan 28, 2013.

1. maplenoak

maplenoak LawnSite Member

I called about the switchngo system, and was told, just for the hoist, with no body was $15,000 and that was about 6yrs ago. I like Woodman1's set up so far, waiting for him to post more info. I looked on the blue ridge mfng site and I like that set up as well, but maybe taller drop down side.

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

The switch n go "s model" hoist is $7,200 and $2,000 to install, your install cost will vary. Not sure where you got 15k for just the hoist?
  3. ShadyTree

ShadyTree LawnSite Member

I agree with you on the sides. I was thinking like 24" tall solid sides maybe even create drop sides so you can load pallets if you needed. Still trying to out way my options with this style truck or truck and trailer.
  4. ShadyTree

ShadyTree LawnSite Member

I looked at this setup but I thought it was a lot of money for a setup on an f550. I wouldnt be able to utilize that system to the fullest because the truck has its limitations. I have a 4700 international hook lift truck from American roll off with a 20,000 lb hook. I run a bunch of dumpsters with this truck for mulch and clean ups. Again switch n go, great setup but was hoping for a cheaper option.
  5. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Well - I still didn't get any pics of the dovetail off today - I will tomorrow.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Woodman1 your truck is amazing. I just drooled on my fone looking at those pics.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

That thing looks killer!!! How high of sides are you going to put on it?
  8. Woodman1

Thanks guys! I plan to make several sets. I want this to be a VERY versatile truck. I have a maintenance truck that I keep my day to day stuff on. I think I will start off with a set of rails that are the same height as the wings that come off of the headache rack.
  9. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet looking truck!
  10. Woodman1

The removable dovetail - removed.