Flats of annuals?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sunstate Lawn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Can someone help me understand flats of annuals? How many are in a flat? I would think that it would depend on the size of the plant. Also how much are people paying for annuals. Does it depend on the type of flower? Is there a category of same priced annuals that all cost the same? I'm going to call my nursery, but I would like to sound somewhat educated.:laugh:

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

A flat has 18 annuals in it.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

There are different size flats ......we pay 45 cents per 2" pot for flowers and at the growers they have 20 count size flats.. Sometimes they go as high as 65 cents if we get them from John Deere. Some flowers cost a lot more like cyclamen are amount $40 per flat.
  4. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Flowers per flat depend on the grower and the size of the plants. We get anywhere from 18/flat to 54/flat. Just depends on the size of the pack they are grown in.

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Usually your choices are 4" pots (18/flat) or super 6 packs (maybe 36/flat, don;t know exactly don't use them). Most commercial nurseries are going to carry the 4" pots. Price will then depend on the actual plant.