1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green Elegance, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Green Elegance

Green Elegance LawnSite Member

I am building a website and I am very new to the business, as far as pricing goes. I was formerly just doing it for extra money on weekends, but it has gotten a bit overwhelming for me.

I am wondering what to price flats at for residential customers.

I was thinking $25-35/flat provided I use my own soil and fertilizer, Is this realistic, or too much?

I am speaking of a 18plant flat . Also is there larger flats, and if so, how should I price those?

What size plants are in flats?

thanks to everyone,
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge 45/flat installed. This includes flipping the dirt in existing flowerbeds, fert, and possibly adding a little dirt. I have a 3 flat minimum.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our area it is $25/flat and we provide fertilize and any spraying for bugs and diseases. The plants cost us $9/20. We don't make any money off of flowers but they are required at most of our commericial properties. And, the price is set by TG in our area so if you want to compete you have to consider meeting their price.