Flattered Father

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As many of you may remember, I worked very hard and made many changes this spring in an attempt to adjust my schedule some because daddy's little girl was to start school for the very 1st time. So she would no longer be around home all the time at my covenience.

Well, she started her very first day on Friday 8-6-04. I was able to be there to take her on her first morning and I was able to be there to pick her up in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I had to go back out afterwards and work away every last bit of daylight. But I was able to be home in time to tuck her in and read a bedtime story.

Only this time, her bedtime story would be her very first library book from school. She asked me to get it from her book bag as she was already in bed. When I went to retrieve it I was nearly floored.... out of all the books this library had to offer.... out of all the books a 5 year old girl might be inclined to choose... this was her very first selection....
    A little 21 page book about plant leaves, their anatomy, their function, details down to Chlorophyll and Photosynthesis.

I was so floored I just had to share...

kaitlyns 1st book small.jpg

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So remember....
    Little eyes are upon you... watching you....
    Soaking up everything you say and do....

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

how true, how true....kids are so precious. i run my biz around my family not the other way around, kids are only young for a short time. 2 girls, 8 and 11 this year...

4. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

When my now 7 year old was 5, we spent weeks reading Simon and Schuster's Guide to House Plants as a bed time story. When it was carer day at preschool he took in the book in to show what his parrents do. Only time will tell how far he goes...

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Enjoy em' while they're young.

I've got 2 girls that have already graduated and a son going into 7th grade Monday.

It's gonna take all of us to get him through the next 5 years.......he'll tell ya it's gonna take 7 to get er done!

The boy is girl crazy already......could be worse I guess........he could be boy crazy!!!!!

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

envy--you are very lucky gent.

GEO :)

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

thats great new help on the way LOL

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is so sweet! Not only is it a point of interest for her, but I'm willing to bet that HER line of thinking was to pick one out that her Daddy would like to have, too. God Bless the both of you! I love this, and this is a story that I will love to share with many, many people!

9. Mudmower

Mudmower LawnSite Member

Took my 6 year old with me yesterday after work to finish up mowing on a detention pond. He is my official snake spotter.

You couldn't strap my girls on my machine...........they are 10 and 12.

Jim

10. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Good for you......

Congrats.

Bedtime stories are the best bonding tool. My little girl (Princess Kickbutt) is playing her first year of tackle football this year. The monthly trip to the Public library system netted her a stack of football books. Her and my youngest son look forward to the library so much, I sit and read while they pick out heir own.

You can't beat having the last thought for the day before Mr. Sandman comes is you having a peaceful word for your kids.......