Flatwork atop wall?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Team-Green L&L, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in the midst of laying 132 sq ft of Highland Stone and we will be laying Venetian pavers atop the wall. Is there anything anyone would like to make me aware of that may be a potential issue when laying the flatwork? There will also be Plaza circles on each end of the patio. These are all Pavestone products.

img310.jpg

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I've ever run into (haven't done much of what you are doing though...) is if the wall is tipped back even slightly and you lay pavers over the top of the walll (or even up to the wall), you will create a trough that water will sit in at the back side of the wall block.

3. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

I would recommend 12" of geotex along the edge, to prevent sand leakage.

4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot about that, but I would have remembered it if I was doing it!

5. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Where the two walls meet in the corner, there is no interlocking. When walls meet for inside corners, they should always run behind alternating each course. Absolutely want to use the geotex along the edge. Using water while compacting helps as well.
    Another question off subject, if you are in cincy why would you use pavestone over reading rock?

6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We are Pavestone distributors and contractors and use them because of pricing and national presence. Pavestone has been good to us and Reading Rock messed up the first order we made with them. Granted, they fixed it after a few tries, but they messed up the order (3) times and I found that a little unacceptable when (4) men are on the clock for (4) hours awaiting the fix. Pavestone has opened quite a few doors that RR could not have done for us.

7. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Fair enough, just a question. A rep from pavestone visits us about twice a year trying to obtain our business. They look like they carry a quality product, but the price is usually double to triple the cost from RR.