1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fleas, Dogs, Horses

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by yardguy.net, Apr 11, 2006.

1. yardguy.net

yardguy.net LawnSite Member

The fleas are really getting to my dogs outside. I have 5 acres that the dogs and horses have free roam of the whole property including around the house. Is there some type of insectide I can use for fleas that I don't have to worry about being toxic to the horses.
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I use that liquid stuff you rub between their shoulders.....Called "Frontline Plus"..Works for two months each application you can get it from your vet or buy it on-line from a discount pet product place.Rub that stuff on..have your dog lay on a sheet and 1/2 hour later..and you can watch the fleas jump off and die...boom..it works fine
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use frontline on the Bull-Mastiff I'm owned by lol.
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Ya know people think those dogs are mean cuz they are so big?But I have found them to be onee of the most nicest..laid back..happy dog breeds they make.
  5. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

I personally do not like frontline because:

1)do not like putting chemicals on my dogs (rotties and pits)
    2) put chemicals on my dogs then the kids pet the dogs (and put hands in mouth).

I use garlic. Only (1) tick last year!