fleet pics of equip

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawncare18, Jan 14, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys... hope all is going well.. I would love to see some of you irrigation guys equipment set ups.. truck trailers etc.. thanks in advance and hope to seee pictures soon from all of you...

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Not a good pic but one I haven't posted before.

Irrigation Truck-Trailer IV-01.jpg

3. PurpHaze

Here's a better one of the truck/trailer. It's already been posted on another thread so my apologies to the other guys/gals.

Irrigation Truck-Trailer IV-02.jpg

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Haze... thanks for the pics .. looks like you have a real nice business... also like the ditch witch in the back ground.. from my experience with them on golf courses you cant go wrong with a ditch witch... thanks again for the pics

5. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Purp: Does your district have a tight budget??

6. telcomac

telcomac LawnSite Member

Hey lawncare18, Here is one of our truck and trailer setup. Have to get name put on trailer this year.

truck-3.jpg

7. PurpHaze

Usually is a tight budget. But it seems that when they want something done they always find the money. It's always tightest around mid-May to July 1st when the budget is about to turn over to the next fiscal year. Sometimes this means that only repair work where we have parts on hand gets done because normally-open purchase orders get cut back or closed completely. Sometimes can be quite frustrating because all the systems are going at this time of year.

8. Broker

Only reason I said something is some cities have new stuff every 2-3 years and others actually get their monies worth which I would rather live in a city that uses their trucks for 100K miles. One of my customers get new 30K trucks every two years and some of them might have 5-6K miles on them when they sell them for 7-8K. They sell so cheap because it is buyer takes all..

9. Broker

telcomac

Where do you put your pipe? In the truck? Do you use a little trencher and install poly systems?

10. PurpHaze

Gotta remember that I work for a school district... not truly a business although things would probably work better if government was run like a business. :p

The trailer was fabricated by our mechanic almost 15 years ago. It's way overdue for some sand blasting and re-painting to get rid of all the rust but I won't hold my breath for that to occur. The wiring is in need of complete replacement since I'm having so many problems lately although the dual electric brakes axles are still working fine. The wiring is supposed to be completely redone after our current project is finished.

That Ditch Witch has seen a lot of ground and has been completely overhauled once from engine to bar/chain. Like Jon has noted before it is kind of small for some of our projects and beats the hell out of me on some of them. On the plus side it works great on those projects where I have to be careful of utility lines in tight spaces. That machine from Jeffy's pictures looks like a sweet machine and would be a definite plus for a lot of our work when we're out in the fields.