Fleet Rate on mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Today I went to my dealer and found he no longer was selling Exmark and he wants me to buy Scag since that is all he now sells. Iv never been a big fan however after talking to me what my plans were for this coming year I was offered fleet rate. Apparently Scag has a rather nice system to help larger customers. It goes like this 12 points in a purchase and you qualified for 15% of the suggested retail and that is a nice break I have gotten 10% off in the past but 15% on a ZTR can be 1400-2000 dollars. I am looking at adding 5-7 mowers this spring and here’s how this offer works.

Belt WB 1 point
    Hydro WB 1.5 points
    Wildcat 2.5 points
    Tiger cub 2 points
    Turf Tiger 3 points
    Saber Tooth Tiger 4 points

If your purchase is 12 points or more the manufacturer and the distributor cut the prices 15% which in my case was like 6500 dollars. I am however more interested in Exmark and I am very interested in the Ferris 5000 with the Cat motor. So I have allot of thinking to do what I would like to know is do any other brands offer such a deal? And is any one here buying their equipment with one of these deals?

2. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Ferris used to have an almost identical program a few years back. Im unsure if its still around though

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

John Deere offers the "Green Fleet" program. You can get 7% discount for as few as two mowers, plus some hand-held equip.

Toro dealer told me they have some sort of program as well. It takes a larger purchase than with the J.D. program, though. Probably more similar to Scag.

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I know exmark has fleet rates also.

5. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Contact your Exmark dealer and ask for the Cutters Plus Program details from TransAmerica

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll do that I can't see buying a mower I do not love and more to the point I like the idea of getting some real savings. I also have asked exmark what’s involved in getting something set up where I could buy direct as the dealers near me are seriously lacking.

7. energy

energy LawnSite Member

Who pays retail? My most recent purchase was 27% off retail. You just have to be stern with your money. Tell them what you want, what cash you have and if they dont take it, go somewhere else. Oh and i got 27% with just one mower and it is new not left over from last year or demo. Shop around get what you want for the price you want to pay.

8. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Do you let your clients treat you like that? If not, then how do you let yourself get away treating your dealers like that.