1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flex Deck BBQ - Mar. 29(Sat) 30(If you want to stay)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Flex-Deck Inc is having a BBQ in SE Iowa on the 29th-30th of March. This would be a little early most years as to green-green grass, but on the other hand, there will be plenty left over from last year -and besides, most of you would be hard at work trying to keep up with your accounts if it was any later, especially if you live in the spring rain type midwest.

Since there is a 2 1/2 month lead on this deal, I would invite any and all manufacturers to come-please email me at

We will have about 25 acres of grass which includes some timber and obstacles to prove your machines trimming ability

We will also have some wide open areas to prove your capabilities to your customers.

We will have enough areas laid out to show what you machines per hr production is for the people that show up.

I would also like anyone that BELONGS TO LAWNSITE AS A COMMERCIAL MOWER TO COME - eMail me at

Food = Brats - Burgers - Beans - Potatoe Chips - Soft Drink
    Beer: - (Hard Stuff - BYOB)

Thanks, Brad -
  2. Flex-Deck

Back up date for the BBQ would be April 26-27 in case there is a foot of snow on the ground - We will watch the weather channel and give every one at least a 3 day notice-Wed-Mar 26.
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Brad I wrote down the dates, and will try to make it. I really hope that the manufactures (factory reps/engineres not just dealers )show up to see what you have.
    How far are you from Omaha?
    I missed the picnic in KC last fall. this sounds like a great idea.
  4. Flex-Deck

Paul - 5 1/2 hrs - I-80-Iowa City - I - 380S - Mount Pleasant - cut off early - Will include map later

Thanks, Brad - PS will be a nice opportunity to have mfg's prove their product - mine will work on all of them - The previous 2 BBQ"s have been in limited space - we will have plenty
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Any chance there will ever be a BBQ out this way? Seems like they are all out west. Sounds like you guys will have fun.
  6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure, BHB, lets have one at your place. :D
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Actually,,,, there's a JD dealer down here I know them well (worked for 'em) with over 5 acres, but they wouldn't like us showing them up with everything but JD :D :p :) :cool: Actually, if Brad brought his fleet of JD tractors it'd be cool. NO! I got it.. our city got a big (huge) "front door project" with zilliions of little trees planted out there all over on banks of the interstate and level ground, etc. That'd be cool for FD to demo on. Hmmm... somethin' to think on.
  8. Flex-Deck

We will have plenty of trees, might even see a white-tale deer - wild turkey, or racoon or two. You will definitely see an eXmark Hydro Viking 36 WB with the Flex-Deck and a 455 allwheel steer with the Flex-Deck, And the Wide Mower (9 1/2' - 8-12 acres per hr.)

Thanks, Brad[​IMG]

wide deck-snow-1.jpg
  9. Flex-Deck

OK guys - have been advised, and it is good advice - no beer offered, but the deal is still on - let me hear from you - email me publicly at flex-dek@mepotelco.net

I will have the 36" hydro exmark viking with a flex-deck = 54"
    the 455 54"main deck + flex deck = 72"
    the 455 wide mower - 60" main - 18" flex - 36" right front =
    9.5 feet - swath

Thanks Brad[​IMG]

wide deck-snow-1.jpg
  10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Brad.....Count me in!!!!

I'll try to bring Blade Runner, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, Steiner, Walker, Classen, Great Dane, Redmax, and Kawasaki........