1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flex Deck BBQ - Mar. 29(Sat) 30(If you want to stay)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

May need to rename this BBQ - "Free eats - come one and come all" we will have a number of brands of mowers available for demo's

It will be sponsored solely by Flex-Deck - No charge to any MFG's that want to come to demo -

I did not know that evidently the prior BBQ's had to be sanctioned by Lawnsite - I think LGF covered most if not all of the costs of the St. Louis BBQ in 2001, and I have no clue as to who covered the BBQ last year in KC, but it was at a local dealership.

I may have been in error as to touting this as a Lawnsite BBQ; If so I would be glad to rename it as "All Lawnsite members are welcome to come to the Flex-Deck BBQ which will have many brands of all types of mowers available for you to demo"

I have no clue as to where this fits into the Sean's approach to how he wants to run Lawnsite, and I will do whatever is in his best interest, because this is one great site.

I would hope that a lot of the mfg's on this site would show - will have 30 acres to mow - will be about 6" tall, but will be last years grass - the one thing about the BBQ's in the past is that they have been during mowing season and a lot could not show - We hope this is before mowing starts - Just will not have green grass because of that.

Thanks, Brad
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Possibly. I do have two weeks vacation from the factory. But I was planning to go up to Ohio Walleye fishing.

What else is out in that area? Any good fishing? Be nice to get a fat spring turkey, but it's probably a little too early for that.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm planning on coming out. The wife said that she wants to go too. So, we probably will be staying the night. What hotel do you recommend?
  4. Flex-Deck

Motel Names and #'s
    Pzazz Motor Inn - Best Western - 800-373-1223 or 319-753-2223
    Holiday Inn Express - 800-Holiday or 319-752-0000
    Fairfield Inn (Mariott) 800-228-2800 or 319-754-0000
    Comfort Inn 800-228-5150 or 319-753-0000

These should all be good - Pzazz has a sports bar and a very nice (fancy) type restaurant on board. Would be my first choice - most expensive probably, but not much more (Does not cost much to go first class)

Thanks Brad
  5. Flex-Deck

If you can come - email me at flex-dek@mepotelco.net - It would help to know how many may come

Thanks, Brad
  6. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone close to me want to carpool? send me an e-mail .
  7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still waiting for someone from eastern Nebraska to contact me to car/truck pool with. I am about two hours from Omaha or Lincoln. Any takers? I could drive but I will probably fall asleep if I try do drive the whole way myself.:sleeping: :sleeping:
    You can e-mail me through this site or pjarens@megavison.com

8. Flex-Deck

If you plan on coming to the BBQ, email me, and tell me where you are from so I can possibly contact others in your area as to car pooling etc.

Thanks, Brad
  9. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

If I come I will be coming on Delta or United:D
  10. Flex-Deck

Yardman - come on - Delta or United - You may not believe this, but South East Iowa has electricity and even airports - LOL-LOL:p :p :p