1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flex deck or the like?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, Apr 18, 2011.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone know if flex deck is still around or if theres any add on mower decks like that out on the market now? Looking to make the 60 into a big boy.

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

3. kc2006

Thanks, found his number and called him.

4. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

If you are talking about Brad in Iowa, I have been trying to find him for a long time. Does he still make Flex-Decks?

5. kc2006

Yea brad. He said he has some still. He said he tries to only sell to people he can install for because they're complex to install. He's selling one to me because I have all the fabrication tools to set it up.

319-572-2814
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

Thanks much! :)

7. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

Do they still cost around a grand? I always thought that it would be perfect for the orchard. I would like to speak with him. Tell us how you make out kc2006.

8. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

whats a flex deck?

9. BlazerRidge

BlazerRidge LawnSite Member

^^^What he said

10. kc2006

It's an add on mower deck, it adds 18" of deck to your mower. Hooks up almost like a vac unit for a z. Pretty neat set up. He said 1300 shipped.

It's good for if you have a few big areas and want a larger mower but couldn't use it everywhere. I have 5 properties that are big and a 78" mower will speed things up alot.