Flex Deck review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dobehap, Jul 8, 2004.

1. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered my flex deck last year. I installed it myself over the winter.
    Besides the extra deck, I have done some other things to the mower. Of all the things, I feel that flex deck is the greatest investement.

I'll start from the beggining...

Ordering was smooth. Came nicely packaged.

Next was the instalation.... This was a chalenging part somewhat (it was onle my 3rd time welding) ....Somewhat time consuming task and perhaps the greatest draw back of the flex deck experience - Regardless, customer service was great along the way with many proactive calls.

My first attempt to use it was spring of this year. My concern was that 15hp would not be enough. I was wrong, its pleanty. I keep my blades sharp and ballanced- over all with the deck I'm loosing about 100-150 rpms on the engine- barely noticebale. Besides the mower will clump (wet stuff) faster then when the engine will bog.
    With the lincage adjustment and bigger tires (18") the mower moves much faster while still giving a good cut.

With half the season on the deck quality of cut is good (as good as exmark deck - unless you are cutting 8+ inches, then it suffers (Go slower)

Durability - heavy duty. I expect it to last as long as the exmark.

Trimability, you WILL be surprised how many places it will reach.

Flex deck stays on the mower 100%, I only take it off when I use the mower to spray or spread. To take it off 22 sec. To flip it up (transport position) 5 sec

Highly recommended.

If only they could put them on at the factory, Every one in my town would have one.

flex2.jpg

2. dobehap

Another picture. ..

flex1.jpg

3. dobehap

Raised deck position.

flex3 001.jpg

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the mower needs a washing LOL, looks good thanks for the info.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How many inches to the cut does it add? I would like to have one on my 36" TTHP, but there are some gates that I can barely get through....touching on both sides. Might work better on a 32" mower....for me anyway.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the support Dobehap-Brad

7. dobehap

It adds 18 inches to the cut.
    Even if you have gates that you can barely scrape through...the deck comes completely off in 22 sec.

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

dobehap, what's all that other stuff on the front of your mower????

9. dobehap

Quick mounts for spray attachments, Electic Fertilizer hopper.
    And some other things.

10. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

Is the Flex deck a mulch type system, or does it have a side discharge??????????????????? If discharge, what side does it discharge to??????????