flex deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RX7, Dec 19, 2002.

1. RX7

RX7 LawnSite Member

I have a few questions about the flex deck. If anyone wants to give any of their expertise, I would appreciate it. What brand and size of mowers is it compatable to? How long does it take to attach? Does it have a mulching kit? Does it provide the same kind of quality cut that the primary blades do? I am just curious if it really does the job well or if it lacks the quality of cut that a wide deck mower with more horsepower has. Feel free to give any opinons or information about the flex deck that you may have. Thank you for any advice you have. -RX7:)

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

try over in the flex deck forum off the main page. ;)

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

RX7 - as far as quality of cut, here is a pic in tall grass at the KC lawnsite BBQ - Conditions were very dry and we had to mow in the median of the double lane highway - this should give you an idea of the quality of cut since the grass was about 10" high.

As far as removing and reinstalling the flex-deck - it takes about 30 seconds either way - if you are slow it is one minute.

Yes, it mows as well as the other deck.

Thanks, Brad[​IMG]

36x-along road-bbq02-best.jpg

4. Flex-Deck

Here is one more pic[​IMG]

36x-ft. view-angle mowing.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

hey Brad why don't you get a sulky for that baby?

6. :( should be wearing a dust mask also + other ppe

7. Flex-Deck

Will make a sulky asap

8. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

i have demoed the flex deck from Brad at one of my properties and it does what he says it will do.... WHO'S THE STUD MOWING :blob2: ??????????????????????????

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

You won't be disappointed. Making one is a good idea since it's wintertime and you are probably wanting a project if you're like me. I got one though, my JD (bye bye Scag post). It is a pretty decent mower it looks like. It has a very heavy duty sulky on it I haven't determined the brand i was told Jungle Wheels but it's not that now that I look closer... no labels or stamped markings but very heavy duty very heavily built. I dont' know if you saw my reply on the wide area tractor mower but I might build me a 32" wing deck like that for my John Deere w/b. Will have a 8hp B&S I/C on it. Probably have the engine up on a low platform and have it belt drive the blade to get the safety features of a belt. My JD has a deck just like the one in your picture, 3 bladed 38". send me some pics of progress on that thing.
    Thanks,
    Eric

10. Flex-Deck

bushhog - 38" decks only have two blades