1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

flex deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RX7, Dec 19, 2002.

1. RX7

RX7 LawnSite Member

I have a few questions about the flex deck. If anyone wants to give any of their expertise, I would appreciate it. What brand and size of mowers is it compatable to? How long does it take to attach? Does it have a mulching kit? Does it provide the same kind of quality cut that the primary blades do? I am just curious if it really does the job well or if it lacks the quality of cut that a wide deck mower with more horsepower has. Feel free to give any opinons or information about the flex deck that you may have. Thank you for any advice you have. -RX7:)

2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

try over in the flex deck forum off the main page. ;)

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

RX7 - as far as quality of cut, here is a pic in tall grass at the KC lawnsite BBQ - Conditions were very dry and we had to mow in the median of the double lane highway - this should give you an idea of the quality of cut since the grass was about 10" high.

As far as removing and reinstalling the flex-deck - it takes about 30 seconds either way - if you are slow it is one minute.

Yes, it mows as well as the other deck.

Thanks, Brad[​IMG]

36x-along road-bbq02-best.jpg

4. Flex-Deck

Here is one more pic[​IMG]

36x-ft. view-angle mowing.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

hey Brad why don't you get a sulky for that baby?

6. :( should be wearing a dust mask also + other ppe

7. Flex-Deck

Will make a sulky asap

8. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

i have demoed the flex deck from Brad at one of my properties and it does what he says it will do.... WHO'S THE STUD MOWING :blob2: ??????????????????????????

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

You won't be disappointed. Making one is a good idea since it's wintertime and you are probably wanting a project if you're like me. I got one though, my JD (bye bye Scag post). It is a pretty decent mower it looks like. It has a very heavy duty sulky on it I haven't determined the brand i was told Jungle Wheels but it's not that now that I look closer... no labels or stamped markings but very heavy duty very heavily built. I dont' know if you saw my reply on the wide area tractor mower but I might build me a 32" wing deck like that for my John Deere w/b. Will have a 8hp B&S I/C on it. Probably have the engine up on a low platform and have it belt drive the blade to get the safety features of a belt. My JD has a deck just like the one in your picture, 3 bladed 38". send me some pics of progress on that thing.
    Thanks,
    Eric

10. Flex-Deck

bushhog - 38" decks only have two blades