Flex-Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ngog_Nrythrng, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

For small residentials festooned with 3' gates it seems to me that a 32" Exmark or Toro, non-floating deck with a Flex-Deck would be perfect.

I sent an email to them last week to see if it would work on a 32", but have not heard back from them.

Do any of you use such a combination?

A search indicates that there was a lot of chatter re: Flex-Deck early this year, but the subject kind of dropped along with the sponser. A few of you mentioned at least trying them (LGF on a 36"). Do any of you still use them? How have they held up so far this summer? Do you recommend them? Is it really a 20 second change over, etc etc?

Thanks,
    -Ngog

2. This 36" is Flex-Decks (Brad) 36"

It will fit a 32" Exmark.

Yes 20-30 seconds.

kc bbq.jpg

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

-Ngog,

E-mail or call Roy Megli(Meg-Mo sponsor). He has been running Flex-decks on his mowers for a few years. He can answer your questions. He has one on a ExMark walkbehind as well as his ztrs.

4. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have never seen any of these really in my area here is a list of ? for some one that uses them.

What is the genral price of one of these say for a 36" or a 48"

Does it fold up to fit in smaller areas ?

can you mulch with them ?

how well do they work ?

5. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

what do the strips look like behind one of them

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

we have run flex deck decks for 4 or5 years . they do not wear out . it took a 2 hour job and turn it in to a 30 min job. pick up a bad boy mower monday puting flex deck on satday. if you use one you will never mow with out one on. we do use MEG MO blades on all of our mowers.

7. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

Hmmm... not much response. Bumped for the weekend crowd.

Meg-Mo, you are the definition of laconic. :D Thanks for the response.

Ron: Mulch, dunno. Fold, yup. Stripes, dunno. Cost, $1300. Go to http://www.flex-deck.com/.

8. The problem with the Flex-Deck is no one wants to talk about them. This things gives you such an edge on your competition it can save you 25% in trim labor.

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

It only mulches......correct ?

10. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

The guy in pic with tank top and cigarette looks very professional!

sorry for smart a#* comment

I fired a guy taking for his shirt off and throwing butts down in yards. maybe i'm just to picky. again no offense intended, just a joke.