Flex Decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meg-Mo, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Here is a picture of our different mowers all with Flex Decks.

100_0043.jpg

2. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

Meg-mo, what is the difference between a flex deck and a floating deck?

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The Flex deck is the extention to the side of the deck. It's an add on deck that will mow down 10 degrees or up 45 degrees. It will mow anywhere that you would use an 21" mower to trim. It will cut mowing time between 25% to 50%.

4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The pictures really don't show much. Can you provide a close-up and give us an idea what the uses and limitations of these widgets are?

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a close up picture that Meg Mo posted awhile back, of one of his 72" Bad Boy w/FlexDeck.

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=616612

6. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

DLCS, thanks for finding the picture. Call me ignorant, but how does having a flex-deck allow you to get that much closer than a regular deck? We have a JD 737 with a 54" deck and if we run it up next to a fence, all we have to do is come and trim with the trimmer to finish the job.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't have a Flex Deck but I am thinking about getting one to put on one of my 757's. I think Flex Deck has its place but it will not totally end all your string trimming. Trimming fences wouldn't seem to be its strongest point but trimming in between obstacles like trees or under trees where your main deck doesn't reach. Also, gives you another 19" of mowing width too. Maybe this winter I will get one, my biggest reserve is cutting on a deck.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Here's a FleX Deck on a JD Walk....Old Pic...Not My Unit...My Idea...Many Moons Ago...

flexdech.jpg

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

here's a pic from an old lawnsite thread. on a 36" exmark

untitled.jpg