flex forks? any made for toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowtown Mike, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

I have been doing a little research on flex forks, does anybody know if any aftermarket brands that can fit a toro z?

As I get older, I try to make things a little easier for myself. I just turned 38, and I feel every bit of it getting out of bed in the morning! Thanks in advance, Mike
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW 38....

Holy Crap MAN....... so my 47 is a bad thing ?
  3. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Gohiaa at 47 you dont been over the hill, thru the valley and starting up another lol
  4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I remember reading about this in another thread,
    e-mail Pj and he might be able to tell you what's up, pm's are off though.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I am sorry but not aware of any flex forks to fit a Toro. I am 58 and run my Super Z at 15 mph a great deal of the time, if it were not for the flex forks and flex seat I would not be able to mow at that speed and crawl out of bed very easily. Another thing that will help everyone is I also take 6 Omega 3 fish oil soft gels everyday of my life. I come out of bed now about as well as I did when I was 40 years old, I don't have near the joint and muscle pain I did before I started taking the Omega 3.
  6. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I think that nmez is right, I remember that thread also. Mike, I don't know if you have done this but you may want to try asking mower consultant on the hustler forum. I remember him saying that the reason they were all painted black and not hustler yellow was because hustler planned on producing them to be compatible with other mowers.
  7. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

I love the flex forks.:dancing: I have one SuperZ with them and the other without and man what a difference in the ride quality. :weightlifter: If they ever do offer them for other mowers it will be one of the best investments you can make. My body thanks me every day for that great decision.:laugh:
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Never did the flex fork thing, but can share that when I raced motorcycles. I had an accident that left me not able to walk the rest of my life....

layed around for about a year and a half then threw the pills in the trash and a year later was walking...... dont take any meds anymore and I work 20 year old mexicians in the ground......

but I will be checking into these flex forks

Good luck
  9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is an amazing story, I hope you thank the good Lord everyday for bringing your leg function back.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

My friend. I thank the lord every day for being an Americian.