Flex Forks at - MSRP?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Mar 3, 2006.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Checked a couple dealers around here and they all want $199 which I read is the MSRP. Is it typical to sell them at MSRP? Most times you buy anything the MSRP is 25% more then what they sell it for. I figured these things had a street value of around $175.

gps_jetskier

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

MSRP is what our dealers are selling them for, this is more of a part type sale for them, not a machine sale where they may have some room to wiggle in the price.
    The Flex Forks are not light, they weigh 45 pounds a set, thus making it expensive to ship, they have UPS costs getting them in and in some cases shipping them out.
    You may find prices higher than MSRP to compensate for shipping, and then in some cases if the dealer installs them, a small fee to put them on the mower.

Pj

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You can take my word for it they are worth every penny, my dealer has already sold almost 50 sets and they just came out. When they get their patent if they want to build them for other mowers I don't believe they will be able to build them fast enough. They are built a lot stronger than you would think

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm going to be getting a set for this year. I'm thinking about a suspension seat for it too. Got pretty beat up last year. Anything would help.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ,
    Is the $199 price for each Flex Fork or for the pair??? When will we see them for Exmark Lazer Z riders???

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

$199.00 is for a pair of Flex Forks.
    As to when we will have them ready for Lazers, I cant answer that, we are planning on doing it though, I can tell you that.

Pj

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

P/j,
    What effect does the weights for the bac-vac unit have on the flex forks??

Gene

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not recommend them for use with the Bac-Vac, due to the additional weight in the front of the mower from the Bac-Vac weights.

9. mark602

mark602 LawnSite Member

Savannah Powersports (local dealer) has sold several, unfortunately like the moderator said a bit over msrp, I guess to cover s/h:nono:

10. lg216700

lg216700 LawnSite Member

Mowerconsultant,
    Can I use Flex Forks on a Fastrak 20/52 and use the snowblade or snowblower attachments?
    Thanks.