Flex Forks concern

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jcltyson, Mar 30, 2006.

1. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

Has there been extensive testing on the flex forks option? I have a number of accounts that require some curb riding/jumping or other obsticle manuvering. I take every precaution possible to avoid putting undue pressure on my machine but sometimes you have to negotiate man made or other barriers presented to us. Has there been any history of damage/failure of this product? Is there any particulars we need to know before putting these into use.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We tested several hundred hours with over 100 end users last season.
    Absolutely no reports of failure of any kind and no complaints.
    The one problem we had was getting them to give them back, so we could send them to test with other users.

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

This technology (if you will) has been used in truck leaf spring shackles for years to smooth out the ride in heavy duty trucks. Google up "Velvet-Ride Shackles". I got to think if they take the abuse a truck would give them, they ought to hold up well for a mowers front end. The concept is the same, it's urathane guts.

4. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

The better way to curb jump is backing over the curb, which takes the effort off the front of the machine. It's easier and safer than going over the front. All the condo workers do it this way.