Flex Forks Getting Weak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Sep 8, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.drivetrain.com/velvetride.html
    Here is a site you can look at to see how the concept of the Flex Forks work. My Flex Forks have gotten weaker and I am starting to see the crop circles and differences in cutting heights you boy's have been talking about. I call a friend of mine that loved the Flex Forks and cuts for a living and he said his had gotten so much weaker that he was going to put the original forks back on to keep from screwing up peoples grass. He said man I hate that because those things made the mower ride so much better and I said the concept is wonderful and it can be made to work because you saw how good they worked when they were new. I talked with Lonnie today and he was concerned enough that he wants my dealer to replace mine with new ones and sent the old ones back to Hustler for extensive testing, you boy's need to pay close attention to any changes you see with the Flex Forks and make it known to your dealer because customer feedback is the only way a company has to made aware of a problem and this is a wonderful accessory that can be made to work.

2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

What the heck are flex forks?

3. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

the link is for hopper stoppers

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Flex forks are an option for hustler mowers. The frount casters are spring loaded and they offer a suspention-like ride for the frount end.

5. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

let's see if Hustler will step up to the plate and fix the problem or deny there is a problem.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The link shows how the flex forks work. They use the same principal as hopper stoppers, rubber torsion springs.

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh I'm sure hustler will get on this, they're normally very fast about problems. (I dont own a hustler and i'm saying this)

It just shows that these companies aren't putting far enough R&D into these new concepts, they want to hurry and get the newest thing out without fully testing.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Exmark Triton DVD to prove they did all their research. Ha

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

So, how many hours do you have on your Flex Forks?

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think there is enough evidence to suggest this is a major problem yet. Shouldn't they fall under the warranty if they fail even though they are an option?