Flex Forks on Hustler Super Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by davink, Apr 3, 2008.

1. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried using the optional flex forks on the front end of the Hustler Super Z? If you have could let me know how well they work and any opinion about them. Just wondering if they are really worth the $200.00 to get them.

2. Baldwinslawnservice

Baldwinslawnservice LawnSite Member

I have the flex forks on my super z and couldn't't live without them. excellent ride. at least compared to my JD 757.

3. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

Have you ever run the super z without flex forks? I am trying to get a comparason between their standard fors and the flex forks, if there is really a difference, I do not know if they worth the extra cash

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i was at one of my dealers open house today. they had a fleet of hustler mowers from trimstars to super z's and some with the flex forks. i thought the ride was great combined with the suspension seat. i was genuinely surprised how smooth it was. and this is coming from a guy who runs a ferris rider. they also sell cub commercial and trying them back to back, i definitely give the nod to the hustler.

in regards to your question about if they are worth the 200, yes id def. say that is a small price to pay for a great improvement in ride. esp. if you decide to keep the mower for awhile.

5. Baldwinslawnservice

Baldwinslawnservice LawnSite Member

My super z already had the flex forks when I bought it, I've only had the mower a few days and so far am very impressed with the quality of ride and the cut. Off topic, what blades do you prefer on the hustler-66" cut XR-7 deck?

6. One of mine had them, I ended up taking them off and going back to the factory forks, I decided they were not for me.

7. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

Pro touch - Thanks for the opinion.. That was the kind of comparison that was interested in. I wish I could find two demos around here to do my own comparison. I think I may get though I am still not sure.

Baldwins: I am not sure about the blades yet either. I just picked my super z up last fall. I have a three bagger on it, and it worked great last fall for the few times that I got to use it on leaf covered lawns before the snow came. I was going to post a thread about that too, though there does not seem to be many Hustler users on here. Currently I just have standard factory blades on it. I am wondering about high lift though. I do not want to go to the complete mulch kit, cux then there is more to change when I go back to bagging, although I would king of like something in the middle, that I can block the shoot when passing areas that I do not want to discharge at, then have very fine discarge when the shoot is open. What do you currently have on yours?

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I,ve had flex forks on my 66" and not on my 60" I always rode the 66. You will be very happy with them. if you want to come to SC you can try with and without, I sold my LC and now sell
    Hustler , Bad Boy, and Grasshopper.

9. I Used The Flex Forks For Awhile On My Super Z. They Work Decent On Flat Ground, But I Had Problems With Some Low Dips/scalping On Some Of My Hilly Cuts. Take Care