1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flex Forks....owner feedback

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jeepster, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

Having just purchaced a fastrak 48/19 and only mowing just a couple of tiimes with the unit. Grass isnt really growing that much right now. I am really happy with the cut and speed of the unit. I dont mind mowing the yard any more. But as always when one eliminates one problem another one surfaces. With the increase in speed comes the realization that my yard isnt all that smooth. Little bumps all over the yard that.

I would, if I could, like to hear from some of you guys that have experenced this same problem and went that extra step and added the flex forks.
    Did/Do they really make that much of a difference?

Thank you.
    Dan

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They make a huge difference.
    What is your tire pressure at currently? if it is over 10 psi I would lower it to 8 or 9 and see if that helps.

Pj

3. RobinM

RobinM LawnSite Member

Hey Dan, I'm a new FasTrak owner, too. I have the 54/20 and a seriously lumpy yard. I mowed without the Flex Forks and it was a jarring experience. :dizzy: Installing the Flex Forks has made the ride better for me and the mower. They don't make the bumps disappear, but changed the tooth-rattling jarring into more of a bouncing........much more tolerable. Slowing down in the worst areas helps, too.

I would recommend the Flex Forks.

4. Jeepster

Jeepster LawnSite Member

PJ, Thats the first thing I did is check the tire pressure.

5. icobob

icobob LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I just bought them for my Mini Z and cant believe they help as much as they do. Get them and you will love them.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

been using since they came out, you will be very happy with them

7. mowniacal

mowniacal LawnSite Member

Ditto to the other comments. I added them to my Super Z and I love them.

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Think of it this way...
    This is the same exact set up a lot of trailers use, the Flex Fork core is the same suspension component used in the axles of most enclosed trailers and a lot of open ones.
    The life of them is basically unlimited, unless you drop the mower off the back of a truck going down the highway or something they should last the life of the mower or put the mower through some super extreme rough conditions.

Pj

9. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Dont know how long thy will last, but the Flex Forks a re a real back saver. I would highly recommend to anyone.