Flex Forks

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jutoyz, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jutoyz

jutoyz LawnSite Member

Any word on when the flex forks will be available for the super mini? The web site says they are available but my dealer says not.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only Flex Forks available right now are for the full frame Hustler Z and Super Z.
    The Mini FasTrak, FasTrak, Mini Z, Super Mini Z and Diesel models are going to be available in the next 60 days or so.
    I will post here as soon as we have them in stock at our warehouses / dealers.

Pj

3. br1dge

br1dge LawnSite Member

PJ - I get conflicting info on this one - my dealer showed me a memo stating the flex-forks were available for a Hustler now. ?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only model of Flex Forks that are available now is for the full frame Hustler Z and Super Z.
    The bulletin your dealer has tells him to check with his distributor for availability.

Pj

5. inthebox2

inthebox2 LawnSite Member

There was a revised bulletin sent out about the Fastrak flex forks,The original bulletin had the wrong part number listed for them.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Chad just delivered my new 66" XR-7 with the 28 efi and new suspension forks and I took it out on some rough cutting I do. You can beleive it makes a tremendous difference in the ride and the bounce of the deck. PJ, I thought you might like this, when I was driving back from looking at the mower this morning Chad told me that a friend of mine was interested in a new mower so I called him on my cell phone and explained all the design changes on the machine and he went directly down to Whitley's and bought one exactly like mine. I thought you might appreciate that.

7. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

puppypaws,

I had my local dealer to order a set of flex forks for my Super Z 60/28 EFI which I purchased last season for personal use. I have the previous model that came with larger deck chute opening. I have only 60 hrs. on mower at the present time.

I have talked to Chad with questions on numerous occasions.

My questions are:
    What are the noticable differences with the XR-7 deck over the previous model?

Is everything else about the mower basically the same except the deck and the fuel tanks with sight window?

I understand that the flex forks help eliminate deck bounce, therefore is there much noticable difference in the comfort of the ride over unlevel ground?

By the seat being positioned almost directly over the rear axle, it seems that the ride might not be affected very much with adding only front suspension, I hope I am wrong.

Anymore information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower!!!
    And thank you for the sales work on the other unit too!!
    Flex Forks and the new XR-7 deck, what a great combo!!

Pj

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

My questions are:
    What are the noticable differences with the XR-7 deck over the previous model?
    Wider opening, less blade overlap, different baffle design, overall different design of deck.
    Blades are lower in the deck
    Better airflow though the deck.
    Rubber discharge chute.
    You can now install a roller on the rear of the deck.
    All 7 guage construction

Is everything else about the mower basically the same except the deck and the fuel tanks with sight window?
    Slightly longer frame, to accommodate the new series of deck.
    The decks are now centered on the frame of the mower, less trim on the left side (depending on the deck size)

I understand that the flex forks help eliminate deck bounce, therefore is there much noticeably difference in the comfort of the ride over unlevel ground?
    A lot smoother ride in all condtions, you have to try it to experience it.

By the seat being positioned almost directly over the rear axle, it seems that the ride might not be affected very much with adding only front suspension, I hope I am wrong.
    The ride is noticeably different.

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ answered your questions very well. I spoke with the gentleman that designed the flex forks and he told me they were made from the same material that the rubber shocks on tractor trailers were made from so they should last as long as the mower. When Hustler finishes there patent process I promise you they can make and sale them for every mower on the market. I have already had people ask me if they would fit on their Bobcats.