Flex Forks

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Daniels, May 8, 2006.

1. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Just added a Super Z 60 With Honda power and was considering adding the Flex forks and am looking for some opinions???
    When the flex is there more chance of scalping?

Also do they make a light kit for it....

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You will love the Flex Forks, they will improve your ride greatly.
    As to scalping, they will scalp no more than the unit would on a normal basis.
    As to the light kit, we do not recommend a light kit on the Super Z's, there just is not enough amperage to run them safely with out running down the battery.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I'm mixed on them. I did notice a slightly better ride, but I think a suspension seat is still the best option if you're doing it purely for ride. Both is ideal probably.

My cut has things that are better, and things that are worse I think. I have a section that is washboardy and it use to leave ripples in the lawn. Now it doesn't. The forks take the bucking and it cuts even. However, I have hit a few spots where I've left crop circles too. That's kinda bugs me.

I think overall they're good and worth the money.

gpshemi

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple spots where it loads one side enough to compress the one flex fork and scalp. It use to just lift the other side in the air. In general though I think they're worth the money. It doesn't come up often enough to be a down side.

PJ...on the lights.

Can you get a wattage numbers from the engineers? What's the spare wattage? Seems to me either the Super Z is on the ragged edge for amp draw, or there are options for lights. There are some driving lights out there that are only 20 watts. That's only ~1.5 amps. There's got to be 1.5 amps in there somewhere I'd think. While I'm not sure how bright those would be, you don't need blinders for mowing 15 feet in front of you. Heck...low amperage LED's might even work.

gps_jetskier

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will ask about the wattage.
    I just heard today we are testing some LED style lights.
    As I hear more I will let you all know.

Pj

6. Cohocarl

Cohocarl LawnSite Member
    from OH

I was also wondering about LED lighting. (in fact, I was searching ebay last night:)) I have a couple LED flashlights that put out fairly decent candlepower. I would believe a couple lights that had 20 led's or so in each that would run off of 12V would be sufficient, and they draw very little amperage. I have only needed the headlights on my old rider a few times the last couple years, but it was nice to have when I needed them.

Any updates on the testing of the LED style lights?

Thanks,
    Carl

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No updates at this time, sorry.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just got mine installed and really like the ride. With the supspension seat its the best riding mower I've been on. Sometimes when you hit a bump the front bounces slightly but well worth it. My old solid forks will stay in storage.

9. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

Put mine on and it is amazing how much smoother the ride is on my super z. They are worth the money.

10. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Dealer installed mine on Monday (free of charge) along with rubber output chute---My ride is now pimped out---
    It rides much smoother---- I tried to hammer them but no "crop circles" could be created Definitely Worth the money ---Will be installing on the others as well