Flier delivery services....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jan 24, 2002.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Alright, I know they exist, I've seen them, I've heard of them. But I can't find them!
    What would I look under in the phone book to find flier delivery services?
    Last year I put out about 700 with the help of a nephew and my wife.
    This year intend to put out about 5,000. And don't really want to walk around that much!
    Wanted to look into a delivery service for prices but I can't find them because I don't know what they'd go by.

Anyone? Thanks.

2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Try ...... mailers or...... distribution services in the yellow pages. If all else fails, grab a flier from a door, call the business (usually a Pizza joint) and ask them how they do it. Good Luck.

3. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

More often than not you could look under "Errand Services" in your phone book.
    I use Coastal errand service from time to time. Errand Gals is another.
    The latter may be nationwide but I know Coastal is Local only. Anyway that should get you in the right direction.
    Another way to get them out is to have your local paper insert them. Sunday news is the best IMHO for that. It has it's drawbacks too! It's tougher to target when you do that. The price is a little high but when you think of the time it takes,the gas and the manpower to touch each one on foot/car it may be the thing to do.
    Raymond

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey Raymond, looked under "errand service", it referred me to "delivery and messenger services". None of them looked like they do fliers.

I had called the paper about inserting. It's not too bad price wise, but I think I'd get a better response from putting a single flier o the door then in the middle of a paper.
    I know personally, I'm more inclined to look at and read a flier on my door then one in the paper.

I'll try calling Dominos Pizza to see if they use a service. They must, because I always get a door hanger from them.
    Thanks guys.

5. WatkinsLawn

WatkinsLawn LawnSite Member

gogetter,

I used the local paper to insert and deliver 30,000 fliers last year. I got 9 calls!!! This was a well written, 3 color, 2 sided flyer that does very well when we door to door distribute them. Obviously my opinion is STAY AWAY FROM NEWS PAPER INSERTS. Just my opinion though. It works for some.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah, that pretty much confirms my thoughts. Just makes sense really.
    Thanks.

7. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just checked on the price for inserts in the paper.
    $29 per k with a 5k minimum.They do offer targeting though.
    That is if we supply the flyers.
    I know what you mean about putting them in the box yourself. They usually grab it out of the box and read it as they head back to the house. They do get swallowed up in a big newspaper, although I've followed the Sunday morning paper person around and slipped my flyers in all the papers in the box and had good response. That was definatley the cheaper way to go, I mean what else was I going to do at 4am Sunday morning.:D

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Get the local boy scouts or whatever to deliver them as a fund raiser, it might get you more customers too.

9. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

We had tried the boy scouts one time. Around here, each troop leader has the ability to make a decision on the project, duration, etc. This was very hard to coordinate. We ended up outsourcing to a local provider.

jf