Flier Ideas

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am just sitting here on the computer trying to put together a decent flier for door-to-door. the one i am using right now looks like a kid threw it together in a couple of minutes. (I DID, took about 8 minutes) But it worked well. Got about 15 accounts from it. I am headed to a very rich neighborhood and want to impress them. Anybody have any ideas, or wanna post theirs?

Thanks
    Trevor

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

here's an idea "get your cul de sac or neighbor on the same program and you both get a discount!"

those rich neighborhoods talk...

3. Trevors Lawn Care

i've got a program going like that. Thats a referral bonus i have going, and thats a whole new flier. This is what i came up with for temp.

Attached Files:

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Change spelling of "allways"- it only has one 'l'. Change "weed wacking" to "trimming". Try to come up with some more "special services", like hedges, aereation/dethatching, etc. Change "to set up" to "for" (Call today for a free estimate). I'd also try to throw in a little color. It looks great, hope it works for you.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

"weed whacking"....to me that sounds like you have two hands on a sicle. Trimming definately sounds better. I like your flyer though

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Definitly am gonna go with trimming, also i will change it to trimming.

I thought of the color aspect, but dont know exactly where to place the color. My older flyer was similar but had to flashy stars with the words "Fully Insured, Commercial Equipment, and Competitive" inside them. Going to a bunch of million dollar homes it just looked childish with the stars/banners, so i took them out.

Thanks for the input

Trevor

7. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I see a few format problems with the flyer that I downloaded. First, it looks as if your left margin moves in and out instead of a straight left-justified line. Secondly, the colored shears (bullets) and text seem to be disjointed and on different lines. Third, are you sure you want this to come out on two pages and not one? Fourth, the shears are in color, but do you want to pay for color printing just for those? Fifth, I also agree that "trimming" sounds better than weed whacking.

For my personal comments, if you really want to impress people, I think that you’re best bet would be to have your flyer done professionally… or at least look at how others have done theirs and then emulate them as closely as possible. If you’re really serious about it, you could have a great flyer made up in color or black and white with your logo, watermark, designs, or pictures; basically everything you’d ever need to impress the rich and famous.

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Ya all the auto format BS from microsoft word puts together the flier the way it please.

I would love to look at someone elses to get an idea, but NOBODY WILL POST THEIRS. i did a search and didnt find anything. They way it is at home is one page, so it may be a different version of Word that formats it yet again differently.

Trevor

9. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

Pay a professional to do it. Or a college student that is studying marketing.

10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member