1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Flier or phone call???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mykster, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed that a nearby Burger King as gone untouched for a few weeks now and the season is near full swing. When I went there to talk to the manager I noticed a no solicitation sign on the door. So I was thinking about either calling or send them a flier. What do you think?
  2. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Well my first though is to find out if it is corp owned or a franchise or if it is possible. Go get a soda or food one day and ask. If it's corp owned the decision may be at a regional level and not at the store....

IMHO you might be better off with a phone call, if you mail a flyer who knows who might get it, at least with a phone call if you get the run around you will know right then and there.

I also just quickly looked on the burgerking.com web site and found that it could be a franchise.

Good luck and let us know what happens

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Sent you a note with an idea.. Good Luck.

4. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I would have blown right by that no soliciting sign, asked for the manager and gave him a card and a estimate right there. Some thing obviously happened to the LCO that was supposed to take care of the property. That manager would probably be very happy to talk to you.
  5. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

The burgerking, the guy that flips the burgers mow it.