flier response

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Just Cut, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

This year I have passed out 4000 fliers. What would be a ball park figure in secured business? We offer basic mow, string trim, edging, blow clipping off walks and drive, As an add-on service we offer seasonal clean up, hedge and shrub trimming, mulch bed maintenance.
    Thanks in advance

2. Depends on your flyer and how many others are going out at the same time. 1% is realistic for me, 1/2% is on the low side. I've had neigborhoods run 2-3% some years. There always seems to be a couple golden streets where the numbers are great and other streets where I don't get a call for years.

3. nathanlee79

nathanlee79 LawnSite Member

This is a great direct marketing approach. I know that when I go through a big neighborhood with flyers I usually get at least two jobs out of it. So if you passed out 4000 I would think you would get at least 25 or 30 yards if you are reasonable on pricing. You will find that by doing a great job for your customers, they will tell quite a few people they know about you. Then you won't have to even pass out flyers. Try a small ad in the local paper as well.