Flier results

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mykster, May 8, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Well, signed up 3 more clients from my fliers..only handed out 500. How's everyone else doing? How many new clients? How many fliers did you pass out?

Does anyone hand out fliers all season. Since I only handed out 500, I think I might try to do 500-1000 a month.
    Does anyone else do this by the month?

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

You can expect 1-2% response from flyers. There is nothing wrong with handing out flyers every month. It is the cheapest form of advertising there is. Whenever you do a service stop, pass a few in close proximity. There's nothing like a nice tight route. Good luck.
  3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Way back when I first got going thats all I did. Take out flyers.
    A few hundred at a time.
    (I think it was right about the time Noah crashed the ark)

1-2% is about normal. Sometimes,depending on what part of the year you do it,you may get more. Sometimes zilch.
    Good way to start though.:D
  4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I delivered about 500 and have pulled $1600 in install work and have a few fall aeration's planned. I plan to drop some more mid-June with a Ready for a change message and an install special.

5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

That is the only way I advertise right now. I like to keep the routes compact. I hate to drive 15 min to mow for 15-20 min. Flyers are practically free too if you don't count your time distributing them.
  6. I've put out flyers through end of June looking for people who missed aeration. Get calls for everything from this flyer. In Sept. I start putting out flyers for fall work.
    Returns vary year to year on the later flyers, but I always get some calls.
  7. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Put out 1000 this spring and picked up two $ 1000 accounts for mowing and fert. I was hoping for 5 or 6 in that area. I spent $150 on flyers and labor to hand out.
  8. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

That's 1000 dollars for the year in each account. I wish per time. LOL