Fliers in denver

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jan 31, 2005.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in denver and am wondering what the prime time is to put out fliers without snow. I have approx 5k fliers. I haven't put out fliers in so long I forgot. The winter has really gotten to me. Thanks, Chris

2. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Chris,
    I am down in Colo. Springs. I am doing them at the end of Feb. so that I have the month of March to get them sold so I can start in April. I have never done fliers before, but will be doing the this year. Sorry I don't have first hand experience, but hope this helps your thought process. Tim

3. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Hey guys...

I'm in Tulsa now, but I'm moving to Denver March 1st.

Do you guys usually start cutting April 1st? Are most of your cuts weekly?

Also, what is the predominant type of grass there?

Thanks for the info!

Ryan

4. lawncare3

Ryan I can't honestly tell you what time I started mwoing. It really depends on the lawn. I get the real good cuttin down in mid april. But you can get the occasional cut early april. I don't mean to be a smartass but all I know is the grass type is green :D I think it's bluegrass. I will try and find a pic.

Here is my parents front yard.

Btw give me a call once u get out here. I know of the whole moving thing and how much it sucks. I moved here in march 03 from MN.

Apr05037.JPG

5. lawncare3

Sorry I forgot to add. It all depends on how many cuts u can get from 18 cuts (for those that don't water) all the way to 25 cuts. I get an average of 20 cuts because of the water restrictions. It really tightens things up. But for what u missed in cutz u can definately make it up in aerations. I do most lawns 2wice a year sometimes even 3 times. Hope that helps. feel free to call me (303)598-3949 or nextel direct connect 100*894993*15

6. lawncare3

Tim thanks. I might be coming up there some time. Maybe I could see ur setup?

7. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Come by anytime and see my shop. I have Nextel too. 100*19839*2 or
    719-499-3837 or tim@ts-ent.com

As for my cutting schedule, I bid 26 cuts for 28 weeks. That gives me a skip week in April and a skip week in October. I start my service on April 1st with fert and aeration and usually get to cut about mid April. I also start up sprinklers the first two weeks. I am about 80/20 Commercial/Residential, so I have large sprinklers to start up.

Most the grass out here is Bluegrass and Rye or fescue mix.

Tim

8. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

Chris,

I appreciate the help! I'll be sure to give you a ring once I get settled in. We can do lunch or something and talk about the Denver market!

Thanks again and good luck this season!

Ryan

9. lawncare3

Thanks ryan, That would be great. Have a good one.

Tim I will be giving u a call sometime.

10. lawncare3

Bump 15 charcters