1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fliers or ads

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IowaLawnEnforcement, Oct 3, 2006.

1. IowaLawnEnforcement

IowaLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

I am new to the business,and I have placed a few ads and have went door to door. I am not getting any calls does anyone know of a better way than what I have mentioned. I would appreciate the feedback.:hammerhead:
  2. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Im new to the biz also, at the moment im using full colored door hangers that I printed myself and am getting 1-2% of calls which I think is decent and my prices are not low at all, my door hanger is actually an estimate with price already on it
  3. IowaLawnEnforcement

doing thirty mile radious which involves several small towns and a few large cities
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What are you advertising for? If it's fall cleanups, you should start to be getting calls for those. As for lawn accounts, most customers will stick with their current lawn guy and just finish out the season with them even if they aren't too happy with him. Sure we've picked up lawn accounts in October, but mostly the customer would just say, "put me in your books for next year." we rarely get switchovers now.

You REALLY have to work on getting your name out.. the more fliers you layer through the neighborhoods, the better chance you'll get that call. However, if it was me, I wouldn't start an all out advertising blitz until spring hits.
  5. IowaLawnEnforcement

Yes I am looking for fall clean up jobs to no avail
  6. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I too am new to the biz, I was reading you should start advertising now for next season. Was this wrong, when should I begin to place newspaper ads, and run flyers for next season.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I would start a program of flyers now for next year
    Intro now,- Mid Nov. Early bird,- Jan 10th spots filling fast,- Mid Feb, Last chance for the 07 season, March 1st, the season has begun for total lawncare, are you on board.
    Do the same area each time, Expect Feb to be the best result

30 mile radius???? windshield time is a killer in this business
  8. IowaLawnEnforcement

I do a thirty mile radious because the town I live in is just to small to get any real business going. Today I did my first leaf removal job, took 2 hours and made $55.00 old senior citizen couple from here in town. They were very happy with the outcome.:weightlifter:
  9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

$22.50 per hour???? You'll go broke at those prices. You need to be sure that your prices are in line with other companies in the area. Why leave money on the table?
  10. IowaLawnEnforcement

I have just started out and realy dont know where to hit em on prices. I was thinking 35.00pr hr should be suffice but just dont know at this point.