Fliers or door hangers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Patfo, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Patfo

Patfo LawnSite Member

This may be a stupid question but are fliers and doorhangers the same thing? If not which do you prefer? I've sent for a sample of the door hanger from NEBS. THANKS!

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know what the others will say, but a doorknob hanger hangs on the doorknob, and a flyer is an insert in the paper or handed out to people. I'm having doorknob hangers made up with a hole(obviously) to go on the doors and the flyers will be distributed in local 50 cent or dollar papers targeting areas I want to advertise in. Hope this helps, good luck!

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We distribute flyers to doors...The difference would be appearence. The door hangers adds a professional touch (not much but some; cost more too). The thing is to look professional but to get the word out about your company. The door hangers may get you a few more customers (I really doubt it though) but producing flyers is cheaper and are as good in getting customer contact as door hangers.

4. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

how do you target communities that dont have paperboxes since you cant touch a mail box. Without paying for the door hangers

5. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

Is it legal to post flyers on a stop sign? like garage sale signs?

6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

put the flyer on the door?? Not to hard...

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean like putting it over the "P" at the end of the word STOP? Just kiddin', I know what you mean. My sister works as a dispatcher at the police department and any sign put in the right of way of any road or driveway or intersection is against the law. She said she gets a ton of calls and alot of people get busted doing this. They usually just make them remove it, but if they're repeat offenders they get fined. I don't remember what she said it costs though. So that means all the election signs and car wash and rummage signs are illegal. Just depends how pissy the cops might feel that day if you get caught or not. One more thing to think about is it doesn't really look too professional stapled to an electric pole or stop sign anyways. Just my opinion.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't bother posting fliers to a stop sign.
    I don't feel that by posting a flier there, it gives off a very professional image.

I just wouldn't imagine a large professional heating and air conditioning company posting a flier on a stop sign, why would a professional lawn care company bother doing it either? There's much better ways to advertise than a stop sign I think.

Don't mean to sound harsh, just how I see it.