1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fliers vs doorhangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BBS, Aug 10, 2003.

1. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I Use Flyiers but I bulk mail them
  2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used flyers with less than 1% return rate...professionally made. I have tried the door hanger deal...VERY tired at the end of the day with only 200 handed out (6 hours). Less than 1% return rate on them to.
  3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Door hangers rock!

I have said this before and it is true. I had fantastic success with them and this is the first year I put them out.

Reasons: (1) they look professional; (2) I think they set you apart from the many, many operations using fliers; (3) taking the extra moment to actually put them on a door knob is a nice touch & sometimes gives you an opportunity for face to face contact which is a good thing; (4) you avoid all of the pitfalls and legalities that go along with "stuffing" mail boxes, newspapers, etc.

The time thing. I solved that one by getting my 8yo daughter and some of her friends together & they basically ran up to all the doors on the streets while I tooled along in the truck (with company lettering) at 2 mph. I gave each of the girls a company hat too. Worked GREAT.

Also, think I'm whack or whatever but I paid the gals .25 for each hanger they put out ;) They wanted to be involved & I was happy to get them out there. I don't think 8 and 10 year olds make better money than that anywhere else! They were thrilled & so was I. I treated them out for icecream afterward.